Storm season is just around the corner – are you prepared?
Here is a checklist to get you started and make sure you are ready:
- Clean out the gutters and drains
- Clear any vegetation
- Trim back the trees
- Fix any cracks on your house where water could leak in
- Ensure your fence is secured
- Prepare an Emergency Disaster Kit
- Purchase a generator, have candles available or a torch (remember you will also need to have batteries)
Checkout the SES website for more detailed information on how you can be safe in the next big storm.
More importantly, don’t forget to ensure you have the right insurance cover in place – you don’t want to lose it all!