When seeing any professional it is important to be time efficient especially if you are paying for their time. A way to save time and get the right advice is often about asking the right questions. Being prepared for your appointment with your accountant or adviser will save you time which will overall save you money.
Knowing what questions to ask can often be confusing as you are not sure what you need to do.
These simple questions will help get you on the right track and get the best result out of your appointment.
- What do you think is best for my situation?
- How will it affect my family?
- What would happen if something was to happen to me?
- What was the result of other clients in a similar position to me?
- Are you confident that this will work in my favor?
- What are the potential repercussions of this?
- Are there any hidden fees throughout the process?
- What if I do nothing?
Asking these questions can help you make more informed decisions when tackling your finances and a good accountant/adviser will help guide you. Knowing all of the ins and outs of your scenario can also be beneficial to help your accountant/adviser audit you effectively.