Have you ever had those thoughts of ‘I don’t know what I don’t know’ and therefore, ‘how do I know what to look for’? – ME TOO!
Here are some helpful Tips & Tricks to look for when deciding if a property is the right one for you to Invest in:
- Focus on four major check points;
- Close to either a City or Water – or both!
- Surrounded by Schools, Shops, etc.
- Have a Hospital nearby.
- Close to Public Transport.
- Think logically! Could you visualise living in that home?
- Some simple things to look for are:
- Make sure no doors open onto each other.
- Keep the powder room private and ensure it does not back onto the alfresco – you want to be able to entertain guest with your personality, not your bathroom habits!
- If you have enough room for 4 bedrooms, allow for the fourth bedroom to have the ability to be a second living room.
- Have a clearing from the front of the house to the back, to allow for sufficient air flow through the whole property.
- Ensure there are plenty of windows – the more windows the more open and brighter the house becomes.
- Think – what will make someone want to rent my property over another?
- Stone Bench Tops
- Air-conditioning in main bedroom and living room/s
- Fans throughout
- Obscure glass to bathroom windows, toilet windows and front door
- Fridge tap to fridge space
- Soft closing drawers
Don’t forget, you also need to think about sourcing the right tenant/s, ensuring you receive rent on a regular basis, maximising your tax return, etc.
There are a lot of things to think about when Investing into Property, but it is important to know that you don’t have to do it alone and you can get someone else to do all of this thinking for you.